Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Summer= Racy Paperback Novels?

So during the rest of the year, I feel so intellectual. I read shakespeare and all them other things they call "literature" and enjoy it and love it. Every year I also make a pact to myself that I will continue this act through the summer. And every year I pick up a racy paperback while sitting by the pool or lounging out on the grass. WTH!? I do not need these smut novels smearing my mind with sexual nonsense. I mean really? I already know what the novel is going to entail. She goes somewhere, she sees him, they argue and eventually have sex and reluctantly fall in love. Save a few small twists, this is how the stories all go. So why do I pick them up? Is it because they are an easy read, a quick escape that requires no real mental thought? Idk, hopefully I find better ways to spend my summer days.

No comments:

Post a Comment

counter